HARE: Colin Hercus & Ton Van Dijk
TIME: Briefing 9:15am, ride off 9:30am
VENUE: Bukit Tagar
Using Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/Y1zWY1KvBj91huax9
Only 45 minutes from north from KL
Follow Lebuhraya Utara - Selatan/E1 to Route 228 in Selangor. Take exit 119-Bukit Tagar from Lebuhraya Utara - Selatan/E1
This is GPS location for parking. It's a laterite road and bashers must park on the side of road or in Palm Oil on RHS of road. It's not ideal but planned parking area has been replanted with young palms and can't be used. There's also a lot of surface water so parking in palm oil is only for 4WD.
Mostly palm oil with some rubber and fruit trees.
Long Ride is about 23km with some climbs.
There will be a multitude of checks but probably no false trails and just one circular check.
There will be few short hike-a-bike bits and a chance to get wet feet.
Short Ride is 11km and relatively flat.
NO HELMET NO RIDE!!
TIPS FOR THE RIDE
1. Liquid is always advisable (Min 2 litres, 3 if you’re not a season bash rider for both long and short)
2. Electrolytes recommended if you're a mediocre rider attempting the long ride on a very hot day.
3. A camera to take selfie along the way.
4. Stay on Paper!!! If you ride and you are off paper, please do the right thing and back track to find paper and follow paper!!
5. Ride in a group and put on a big smile on your face as it’ll help to ease the pain.
6. Did we mention Stay on Paper!!!!!!!
7. Bash Piss “Bell End Paul” has a fab deal on refreshments for the after ride, please bring some cash, some forgot last time and we are still chasing late payment.