Bash #209 - Tasik Biru, Kundang.
IMPORTANT: THE BRIEFING WILL BE CARRIED OUT IN THE PLANTATION.
This is to prevent a jam when crossing a ditch at the entry into the palm plantation.
Please follow the signs into the briefing area after you have registered for the ride. The briefing will commence at 9:25am.
Hares: Ying How, Ai Ling, Mike Kwan, Lee Nya, Edward Chan
It is a classic palm plantation ride in an undulating terrain. There is a short section of open riding in the beginning and it is shade under a palm canopy thereafter. The Long is approximately 25km and the Scenic is 15km.
Tasik Biru is dotted with stalls selling Malay and Thai food. For Chinese food, the Rahman Putra township has plenty. You can try the shops at N3 13.623 E101 33.454 in Rahman Putra. There is a good chicken rice shop, bah kut teh, a vegetarian and an assortment of stall food here.
Date: 26th February 2012
Time: 0925 for briefing, 0930 SHARP for ON ON!!
Venue: New 3 storey shops, off Jalan Tasik Biru 1, Taman Tasik Biru, Kundang.
GPS Coordinates: N3 14.823 E101 31.466
1. Drive along the LDP and exit at the Penchala Toll. Zero trip your meter here.
2. After the toll, keep to the middle or left lane. Follow the sign to Sg Buloh.
3. KM1.3, ignore the left turn to Bandar Sri Damansara.
4. KM1.5, Caltex on the left. Keep on the left lane.
5. KM2.0, you will see the main intersection, turn left to Sg Buloh. You are now on Jalan Kuala Selangor.
6. KM3.4, ING Insurance and Esso Station followed by BHP on your left.
7. KM5.7, ignore the junction to Valencia and Sierramas, continue straight towards Sungai Buloh and Kuala Selangor.
8. KM6.7km, ignore the left turn to Shah Alam. Continue straight.
9. KM8.3, keep right and take the ramp on your right to Bukit Rahman Putra.
10. KM9.2, Esso on your left. Continue straight at traffic lights.
11. KM10.8, Petronas with McDonalds drive thru on your left.
12. KM11.2, turn left at the T-junction. Follow the signs for ‘Kuang-Kundang-Rawang’.
13. KM11.7, SMK Bukit Rahman Putra on your left.
14. KM13.5, traffic lights at cross junction, continue straight.
15. KM15.1 Look out for the Guthrie Corridor flyover as you will have to turn left immediately after the flyover. Tasik Biru will be on your left. Proceed in a clockwise fashion around the lake.
16. KM15.8, turn right and park at the three storey shops.