Posted by Chris Ow Yong on July 28, 2009 at 3:07am
My apologies for a delayed report when it should have been up on Sunday night, latest Monday morning.
Bash #179 is only my 2nd hash, so still kinda noob on the jargons and protocols. Here goes my take on the scenic scribe. I arrived at Taman Emas RV Pt at approximately 8.30am and was among the first few riders there. It was interesting to see so many riders arriving. By 9.15am, the entire area was completely packed (my guesstimate @ ~70pax).
Started 9.30am and rode through some kampung roads. The ride was pretty smooth. As usual, front riders broke the checks. Only got to hear “check”, “checking”, “are you?”, “on-on”… Nothing much during the 1st hour ride (before the long-scenic diversion) except:
1. There were still a bunch of papers left at Check #2 (?). I thought it was the scenic junction. Waited for help… One of the hares helped.
2. One of the lady riders fell, causing a standstill. It reminded me of caring Malaysians who always slowdown to “see” what has happened during accidents. In this case, traffic literally stopped until we were asked to move by one of the hares. Continued with the paper trail after the diversion and managed to reach a check (believe to be #3 for scenic).
Few things to mention about this check:
1. The climb to reach the check was TOUGH.
2. I am the first to arrive-hahaha… but didn’t know what to do from there (!). Ended up searching around the roughs for other paper trails.
3. Other noobers joined the search….
4. And found that it was a circular check.
5. Later on, one of the front long riders joined to close the trail.
Towards the later part of the ride, there were single track trails. These were not as technical as Bukit Kiara, but a lot narrower. We came out at some farming area… which eventually led back to checkout point. I reached checkout point at around 11.40am. The weather throughout the ride was near perfect-pretty cooling… it only became hot around noon.
Overall the ride was pretty interesting for me… experiencing my first check and my first attempt at putting up a scribe.
Thank you to the hares.